Gruff JK

8 hours ago, AxK said:

Shit....those axles look nice man. How long you think this is gonna take?

Good question. Hopefully done early March. This is 3rd time around so he's pretty versed in the jeep. I can see the rear control arms and mounts taking the longest. He tends to get caught up in geometry which is good in this case. He's already watching double triangulated video setups and sending me links to stuff.

1 hour ago, wjtstudios said:

Your mechanic friend has to be ecstatic to build this project with you. Such a dream build! 

He is. He loved the axles. And was geeking out over the difference between the 2" and 2.5" coilovers. Lol I told him he'd die if he saw the trophy truck shit in person. 

Funny how the axles somehow look bigger off the jeep than under it. Probably cuz they're such a pain in the ass to maneuver. Handy having a fork truck to lift these up so I could get the wheels mounted on them. 

Edit. Oops. Those are the old ones

20220212_093615.jpg

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Funny how the axles somehow look bigger off the jeep than under it. Probably cuz they're such a pain in the ass to maneuver. Handy having a fork truck to lift these up so I could get the wheels mounted on them. 

Edit. Oops. Those are the old ones

20220212_093615.jpg

Oh that's nice of you you're going to include wheels and tires with the ex's as well! Lol

6 hours ago, JKBrick said:

Is this an every winter thing? 😂😂

Lol, seems like it!  This is the last though. Not saying there won't be any tweaks, but this is the last stage for Gruff. 

5 hours ago, AxK said:

Oh that's nice of you you're going to include wheels and tires with the ex's as well! Lol

Lol!

No

5 hours ago, Weebz said:

Awesome Jerry.  Looking forward to seeing the progress and getting pro tips from your guy.  Lol

On my way down right now

5 hours ago, AxK said:

Looking good. You need to take off those Evo tire carrier brackets off and weld fill the hole. Those bracket are like 60-80 pounds.

Yeah, that's on the list. Along with removing the Dynatrac hood stickers

3 hours ago, wjtstudios said:

Awesome Jerry, what color is the HK age going? red? 

Thanks Bill. Yep, gonna go with red. 

• Thumbs Up 2