Gruff JK

6 hours ago, JKBrick said:

It looks like you should pay a little extra for the under body wash at the car wash Jerry 😂😂

5 hours ago, fiend said:

He’s got people for that.  😂 just kidding. Progress looks awesome. Kinda jelly … 🤤 

Lol, the last wheeling trip i was at was in Dec. Between Christmas and New Years, I never got the chance to really get it cleaned up before it turned really cold. 

Believe me, it irritates the shit out of me it being that dirty 😌

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1
On 3/12/2022 at 12:51 PM, AxK said:

Hey Jerry, do you think the Evo CO's would fit with that fuel cell you have?

I'll look but I don't think the EVO upper mounts would let the CO's lay forward enough. This would probably turn into a tsunami of changes

you'd have to do like I experienced trying to take small steps & just outboard the CO's then do the triangulated stuff later.

Oh well, looks like time to join the outboard club. C'mon in, the water's warm!

20220303_170818_resized_1.jpg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gruff said:

New pics finally. Out of town for a week and I sure paid for it this week. 

20220318_164805_resized.thumb.jpg.ee43714e5111b6f392a0c70a2897ab61.jpg20220318_170212_resized.thumb.jpg.b9a727699b1f514730d115b6c2df2a27.jpg20220318_170152_resized.thumb.jpg.39e8fcd93c1a542da6bb61ddf9242283.jpg20220318_170046_resized.thumb.jpg.5f78f19bad278c38c0eb41137d6aaf98.jpg

Looking at the two center pictures, the crossmember the lower links will hook to is only but welded to the frame. 

That seems to me to be not strong enough to absorb the force applied on the lowers. 

I'm sure the crossmember itself is strong enough, the frame it's welded to is not very strong to keep the welds from tearing out. 

Maybe there is more going on that I can't see, so please don't take that wrong. 

It just seems to me like it needs tied into the frame over a much larger surface area. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

Looking at the two center pictures, the crossmember the lower links will hook to is only but welded to the frame. 

That seems to me to be not strong enough to absorb the force applied on the lowers. 

I'm sure the crossmember itself is strong enough, the frame it's welded to is not very strong to keep the welds from tearing out. 

Maybe there is more going on that I can't see, so please don't take that wrong. 

It just seems to me like it needs tied into the frame over a much larger surface area. 

Absolutely no offense taken. These brackets are going on next. These are one of the reasons why I liked this part of the Motobilt kit.

Edit:  Jeff already has his welded in - check out page 5 of his build

download.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2