Gruff JK

I cant wait for this project to be completed and to see how it all turns out. Things are really coming along nicely so far and you got some really great fab work there.  It’s a bit refreshing seeing a different kit also.  Love seeing all the different builds and products.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Gruff said:

Absolutely no offense taken. These brackets are going on next. These are one of the reasons why I liked this part of the Motobilt kit.

Edit:  Jeff already has his welded in - check out page 5 of his build

download.png

That certainly clears up the picture for me.

Looks like it will be plenty strong once the side pieces get welded in. 

Your guy is doing some clean work. 

1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

That certainly clears up the picture for me.

Looks like it will be plenty strong once the side pieces get welded in. 

Your guy is doing some clean work. 

Thanks Jerry, he really is. Funny, he's online watching rock crawling & fabbing videos more than me. Wants to make sure it's all going in so it'll work like I want it to. Hard to find places like this. 

41 minutes ago, AxK said:

This is coming together nice. Thanks for the info on the gas tank. So did you get the covers for the rear coils to close in the towers?

Thanks Alan, and hell no. Damn things are probably $750! 😂. We're talking about those. Probably going to be some kind of removable sheet metal covers. I may even try to do those myself. 

24 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Thanks Jerry, he really is. Funny, he's online watching rock crawling & fabbing videos more than me. Wants to make sure it's all going in so it'll work like I want it to. Hard to find places like this. 

Thanks Alan, and hell no. Damn things are probably $750! 😂. We're talking about those. Probably going to be some kind of removable sheet metal covers. I may even try to do those myself. 

What!!!! 750......WOW.

Axles are under the Jeep. Front is almost done. Rear is getting ready for the links. No pics on that yet. Just a general pic of the rear. We're looking at fabbing an arm that comes off of the horizontal C pillar bar to hold the spare with basically the same placement of the Excessive Carrier, but with way less metal and tubing. Should be fairly easy actually. That'll prob be last though. The drawing below is somehow the control arm placements and settings he's worked out 

4-2.jpg

formula.jpg

4-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
1 hour ago, AxK said:

Nice....the cuts for the rear shocks mounts look perfect.

He did a really nice job on those. 

40 minutes ago, Fury22 said:

Did you get the cpillar/shock tower tie in bushings??

I did. Hopefully the rear is done next week.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jdofmemi said:

Looking good!

Hopefully I can play catch up soon. 

I like your tire mounting idea. Been thinking about something similar. 

I wanted to use the Excessive carrier but I think this will be an easier solution. 98% sure the carrier will fit, but it will have to go in before the cage. Bad part is if you want to remove it, you have to take the whole cage back out. 👎

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

I wanted to use the Excessive carrier but I think this will be an easier solution. 98% sure the carrier will fit, but it will have to go in before the cage. Bad part is if you want to remove it, you have to take the whole cage back out. 👎

Seems odd that it won't fit with the cage installed. 

I would have thought that you could twist it in. 

4 hours ago, Gruff said:

Just leave the spare on the trailer. You dont need that weight

• Thumbs Up 1