AJK's 17 Rubi

AJK

17 hours ago, KevinG said:

LOL.  Yeah I get it.  The center section has a couple "formed" areas to follow the contour and the edges are "capped" so it's pretty clean looking.  You might be able to get a non janky look.

I bet I can get close.

I bet you can too.  I wasn't so bummed about the $200 for the rash guards, I was more pissed that a $1200 bumper lasted a half of a day on the trail before I needed to add $200 to keep it straight.  🙄.   I get that a lot of guys have tow packages they want to keep, but would have been a lot nicer to offer it boxed instead of the cutouts for the hitch.  It's the big reason I went back to the Evo facia thing for a while.

1 hour ago, KevinG said:

I bet you can too.  I wasn't so bummed about the $200 for the rash guards, I was more pissed that a $1200 bumper lasted a half of a day on the trail before I needed to add $200 to keep it straight.  🙄.   I get that a lot of guys have tow packages they want to keep, but would have been a lot nicer to offer it boxed instead of the cutouts for the hitch.  It's the big reason I went back to the Evo facia thing for a while.

Speaking of that I need to sell the EVO d ring mounts. If rash guards go on sale I might pick them up. 

• Like 1

Had a good week in Sand Hollow Utah. Need to replace front pinion and hub bearings now, because I have movement and noise. Also, the Evo front frames mounts are toast and ovaled out bad making for clunking all day.

Trails we hit…

·        The Barracks near Zion

·        The Maze

·        The Fallen

·        Plan B

·        The Ledges

·        Double Sammy

·        Tripple 7’s

·        Papa Smurf

·        And all the West Rim.

·        We also did a 150 miles trail exploring from Az back into Utah.

At least I got to end the year and start the year wheeling and not have a major break like I did last year.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 4
9 hours ago, Dave said:

Are going to replace the evo mounts with the same or something different? 

I am cutting that shit right off. Going to 3 link front just need to reach out to KrashFab and get his take on things. Right now RPM front is in the cart and I like what he has to offer. 

• Thumbs Up 4
On 1/3/2024 at 4:27 PM, AJK said:

I am cutting that shit right off. Going to 3 link front just need to reach out to KrashFab and get his take on things. Right now RPM front is in the cart and I like what he has to offer. 

are you referring to the axle side mounts or frame side for the EVO set up? i saw awhile ago that you ripped the rear axle frame mounts off. is there more thats happened since then?

10 hours ago, Savage90 said:

are you referring to the axle side mounts or frame side for the EVO set up? i saw awhile ago that you ripped the rear axle frame mounts off. is there more thats happened since then?

Yeah.... LOL.... so my rear frame mounts are fine it was the rear mount on the axles that broke. I would say that break was more because of the shitty welds on the ud60 bracket but also the binding of the rear doesn't help.

As for the front the frame mounts that connect to this transmission crossmember are completely fucked. I have ripped off the ud60 track bar and blown out both both upper joints.

The front binds up so bad it's just putting a tremendous amount of force on those upper joints. 

The moment I remove one of the upper a arms on the EVO kit that axle moves in articulates and tucks so much better and is the reason why I really want a three link.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

I hated the way the paint came out so I stripped the doors and hit them what a scotch pad to bring the aluminum back. I'm not really a fan of the aluminum on black but may run it. If anything I am going to wrap them myself. Two down 2 to go.

20240128_152109.thumb.jpg.79ab951fea83fe6afe6c7baad91764f2.jpg

20240128_152112.thumb.jpg.24adc2b19470c1ecd3c7f6ff55df4eb4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

So next week I plan to cut off the front end, buckets, bumps and everything on the axles. I need to replace a pinion bearing so while I have the axle out I have been thinking of welding the tubes at the pumpkin since I am putting the 3 link to the pass side. Any suggestions on this process?

• Thumbs Up 1

My opinion is that it is more of a thing to spin a tube on the rear. Never have seen one spin on the front of anything short of a rock bouncer.

If you do, research what rod to use, and use a lot of pre heat on the cast side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1