AJK's 17 Rubi

AJK

I welded mine. Easy enough to do if the axle is out of the vehicle. I used crown alloy 44-30 nickel manganese mig wire. Propane weed burner for pre and post heat to 400 degrees. Worked fine.  

EDIT: I should say, it was easy enough for me because at that point I hadn’t installed seals or the gears.  I don’t think it’d be a good idea to heat and weld the housing with that stuff in there. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So the entire front end is getting cut off. All of the Evo and stock components going bye bye.

Going with the RPM 3 link front, weld in coil buckets and bump stops with the 2.25 aluminum arms and 1.75 foward trackbar.

New RPM track bar to allow clearance to push the axle forward.

I am going to weld the tubes and cut every single bracket off the ud60 and reweld all new RPM and TMR bracketry.

Need to pull the gearing and fix a slightly lose pinion bearing and service the hubs while it's out. That's when I will weld the tubes since it's all going to be out anyways.

Will most likely have to either cut or shave the ends of my Genright aluminum bumper off but thank God I have some master Fabricators at work that I can weld that shit like it never happen.

RPM is working on a JK gas tank for their system so once they're finished with that is when I will transition the rear to a four link.

For now I'm going to run the Evo coilovers but once I buy the rear set is when I'm going to step up to 2.5's all around.

20240212_161907.thumb.jpg.18fb172b5d9f461e30a78c7656f77529.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
14 hours ago, AJK said:

So the entire front end is getting cut off. All of the Evo and stock components going bye bye.

Going with the RPM 3 link front, weld in coil buckets and bump stops with the 2.25 aluminum arms and 1.75 foward trackbar.

I am going to weld the tubes and cut every single bracket off the ud60 and reweld all new RPM and TMR bracketry.

Need to pull the gearing and fix a slightly lose pinion bearing and service the hubs while it's out. That's when I will weld the tubes since it's all going to be out anyways.

Will most likely have to either cut or shave the ends of my Genright aluminum bumper off but thank God I have some master Fabricators at work that I can weld that shit like it never happen.

RPM is working on a JK gas tank for their system so once they're finished with that is when I will transition the rear to a four link.

For now I'm going to run the Evo coilovers but once I buy the rear set is when I'm going to step up to 2.5's all around.

So, the big question is.....

Are you going to be finished in time? 

2 hours ago, Weebz said:

Sounds like an awesome plan.  Looking forward to seeing the RPM stuff in person.   Why not just bite the bullet and swap out the front coils while you are in and adjusting everything?   

Its called a Wife so I need to do it in stages LOL. If I come across a set of 2.5 at a decent price then maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, Dave said:

That's an ambitious project Alan.  It will be awesome I'm sure.

Why do you need to trim the Genright bumper?

I already hit the front bumper now and moving the axle forward is defiantly going to hit worst. I plan to cut off the ends and cut it straight back and box it closer to the frame ig shaving it down first doesn't work first.

2 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

So, the big question is.....

Are you going to be finished in time? 

Ummm lets hope. I got a plasma cutter from work so that should make easy work off cutting shit off. The RPM kit will be here in two weeks so that allows me sometime to cut everything off, install new exhaust, weld the tubes and address the pinion bearing. Once the kit gets here I will call in Jeff and Devin to help out on the final setup.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Hmmmm 1
2 hours ago, AJK said:

I already hit the front bumper now and moving the axle forward is defiantly going to hit worst. I plan to cut off the ends and cut it straight back and box it closer to the frame ig shaving it down first doesn't work first.

Ummm lets hope. I got a plasma cutter from work so that should make easy work off cutting shit off. The RPM kit will be here in two weeks so that allows me sometime to cut everything off, install new exhaust, weld the tubes and address the pinion bearing. Once the kit gets here I will call in Jeff and Devin to help out on the final setup.

Sounds like we are both in a race against time to get wrapped up in time.

I'm really hoping to get a shakedown run before Sand Hollow. 

• Hmmmm 1
On 2/14/2024 at 12:54 PM, AJK said:

What did you use to wrapped your axle to allow it to cool slower?

First layer was a fiberglass welding blanket. On top of that I used some old bedding blankets I had.  Held all together with bungee cords. Left wrapped up for 24 hours. 

• Thumbs Up 1
On 2/12/2024 at 4:29 PM, AJK said:

Interested to see how that RPM front set up goes. Thinking about that myself. 

10 hours ago, fiend said:

Interested to see how that RPM front set up goes. Thinking about that myself. 

Me to. I spent a lot of time pondering this change and talked to every company out there. I like Don and the fact he is willing to have a conversation with you about everything.  I will post as I got so you can see it all.

• Thumbs Up 2
1 hour ago, AJK said:

OK ok,,,, finally got a few hours in. Axel out and Evo stuff off.

20240216_181349.thumb.jpg.0e6a01d150d7450079e0c5338ba537b3.jpg

Oh no that’s not getting rid of Evo. I see EVO parts right there. No you’re not getting away with THAT!!! all the shit I’ve had to take off of Vengeance you’re not getting away with that Allan!!!!!! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nice Little Jeep said:

Oh no that’s not getting rid of Evo. I see EVO parts right there. No you’re not getting away with THAT!!! all the shit I’ve had to take off of Vengeance you’re not getting away with that Allan!!!!!! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Ok...lol now gone.

Lol nevermimd I found more. Fuck....

20240216_192438.thumb.jpg.0946b34774c750d41fed312ce3a61e13.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Hmmmm 1

I've never used a plasma cutter before and holy shit I never will do anything without one.

Driver side bracket off. I think I'm going to be able to salvage this for resale. Put a weld washer on there for the wobble out holes maybe they'll make a second home to some Mall crawler.

20240217_112729.thumb.jpg.8ed274437360f692047a293cf25ec51a.jpg