AJK's 17 Rubi

AJK

Just now, fiend said:

Let’s see the locker carnage from Sunday. Any pics?

I got hit with stomach flu Monday and finally back on my feet today. I plan to pull it apart tomorrow. I called Dana and they said I have to warranty claim though vendor. I purchased my axles March 13th last year so I have to submit the info asap.

I was very hesitant going from Air to e Locker and this is why. I was told not to worry and that I wasn't going to break it. After waiting 4 months for my Dynatrac not to show up and a fast-approching trip coming up the only thing available were UD60s Elockers. I will keep you updated on the warranty process but I'm prepared to switch out the rear to ARB and call it a day.

• Thumbs Up 1
47 minutes ago, AxK said:

I was very hesitant going from Air to e Locker and this is why. I was told not to worry and that I wasn't going to break it. After waiting 4 months for my Dynatrac not to show up and a fast-approching trip coming up the only thing available were UD60s Elockers. I will keep you updated on the warranty process but I'm prepared to switch out the rear to ARB and call it a day.

Did you lose the ring and pinion too? Hard to tell from the pics. 

10 hours ago, BHaner said:

200.gif.ed52643d2067d03783f9cf9402333be8.gif

After all the issues I had with my ARB's... And the issues people had last year in SH with E-Lockers... I feel like all lockers suck.

Yeah....but you can fix a air leak but can't make the elocker........ eeeelock...LOL.

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

That came out really nice. 👍 I was planning to do something similar with the Tuffy enclosure but this is definitely another option. 

Thanks. I used some heavy duty 10 in L brackets and bolted those to the seat belt stud bracket.

As for the part closest to the tailgate I rip those nutserts out a while ago so I just ran bigger Bolt all the way through the cab to the underside so it's actually supported by the body itself and not too little nutserts.

18 minutes ago, AxK said:

Thanks. I used some heavy duty 10 in L brackets and bolted those to the seat belt stud bracket.

As for the part closest to the tailgate I rip those nutserts out a while ago so I just ran bigger Bolt all the way through the cab to the underside so it's actually supported by the body itself and not too little nutserts.

Sounds like you got it pretty secure to the jeep.  Really like how you cut that top sheet to the contours of everything. 

1 hour ago, Weebz said:

Looks good man.  Do you have any supports in the middle to stop the wood from sagging or do you not think it will with the width the tire?

Good question. Right now it seems fine. There is a piece of wood running across the back and majority of the tire weight is sitting on that.