AJK's 17 Rubi

AJK

8 minutes ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Nice so we now have a few gear guys on the site with 60 and 14 bolts rebuilds under their belt.  Always nice to have knowledge and experience around.   

I was speaking to a guy who does gears and sells UD’s etc (Robert Kobal) today.  He was under the impression that the UD’s were shipped with the 4 pinions..  Then he though maybe only original old stock might have came with it.  It honestly sounds from the more I dug that they ship them all with the 2’s. 

Last year when I bought them that was a rumor as well. Maybe the new ones are but I haven’t been able to confirm.

• Thumbs Up 1
46 minutes ago, AxK said:

So, pulled the front off to pull Elocker and swap to ARB. Found my big clunk back and forth. Upper joint gone and trackbar broke.

20220413_143417.thumb.jpg.6b26d5e7f5503a3ba51ac742881f147a.jpg

20220413_143425.thumb.jpg.6b48ca1d4421e4d003fc2d0ef38273d5.jpg

Damn dude. That track bar bracket is no bueno. I would carefully check all the brackets and welds if I were you. 

54 minutes ago, fiend said:

Damn dude. That track bar bracket is no bueno. I would carefully check all the brackets and welds if I were you. 

Yeah I got the entire axle ripped apart just got to pull the carrier out. I'm going to pressure wash it scrub it down and go over and wrap all the brackets and add weld where I can.

I have a brand new set of lower shock mounts so I might cut the stock ones off put the new ones on so I could get them about a half an inch wider on each side.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well today was fun.

I started my morning off calling Dana Spicer to see if they could track down the part numbers needed to replace my upper bushings. They were absolutely no help and couldn't find a part number for me.

So I ended up pressing out the diff side and took that down to Rock Jock Enterprises who confirmed the link that Greer sent me would work. 

The guys at RockJock are awesome and they pulled up internal diagrams to match the measurements of what I had.

Because the ud60 bracket is one inch wide it was a quarter of an inch too wide to upgrade the to the JK weld on version. They started looking at some of their other diagrams and came up with the TJ/LJ weld on bracket was 1 inch thick and slightly taller so I'd have to shave a little bit off the bottom for it to match the same height as the JK one.

So to sum up RockJock figured out how to fix Spicers issue. I have a TJ/LJ bracket on a JK Dana 60 and it fit perfect.

The cool part is they're all rebuildable and allow 30% less binding than the standard rubber bushing.

Oh and I fixed the trackbar.

20220414_173113.thumb.jpg.ec5e3f7868e3a73b9c801a664d9cb3b3.jpg

20220414_173143.thumb.jpg.bf12b24bde4887419cdd88b7ecfd8f59.jpg20220414_181508.thumb.jpg.0dfd4151855ab456592e78b45519e0df.jpg20220414_181514.thumb.jpg.ebbebae8a24dddbe0f387ca2ed335b12.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

On another note I was not surprised when I pulled the bearing caps off the front differential and the carrier pretty much fell out again. Not as bad as the rear but still only took a light pull with one hand and pull it out.

Then to my surprise the rear pinion did not have a crush washer but the front did. So, gonna buy a crush washer eliminator.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

So Alan, how's the new job going?

It's really good, I'm happy I made the move, just been working 12-14 hour days but, I expected that for the first month or so. I will get back to a normal schedule in the upcoming weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
2 hours ago, AxK said:

Finally got the front ARB in and working perfectly. Front axle back in and almost done plumbing the air lines. The plan is to turn her around next weekend and get the rear ARB installed.

Noice. Gonna be doing the same soon.   Where’s your compressor?

Well finally got over 500 miles on the Jeep and so far all good. I pulled the covers and oil looked perfect with no metal shaving at all. Right now I have no plans for upgrades and just leave her be for a little bit. I might pull the trigger on some Genright half door buts that's about all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
2 hours ago, AJK said:

Well finally got over 500 miles on the Jeep and so far all good. I pulled the covers and oil looked perfect with no metal shaving at all. Right now I have no plans for upgrades and just leave her be for a little bit. I might pull the trigger on some Genright half door buts that's about all.

“Little bit.”  What do you figure? A month? 😂

• Haha 3

So, first run out was straight to the place I broke her last time. First time since my D60 I had zero issues with lockers. They worked perfect, no purging, and locked right up. Tried the same obstacles I blew out the Elocker but still no luck. The hole was bigger this go around but I gave it a good try and this time no broken parts.

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, AJK said:

So, first run out was straight to the place I broke her last time. First time since my D60 I had zero issues with lockers. They worked perfect, no purging, and locked right up. Tried the same obstacles I blew out the Elocker but still no luck. The hole was bigger this go around but I gave it a good try and this time no broken parts.

Where was that?