AJK's 17 Rubi

AJK

Took Bill's and Redline's advice and mounted the ARB expansion tank and solenoids in the engine bay and the new ARB twin air compressor under the seat. More work then I wanted it to be but you definitely see the different with the twin verise the single.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well have good and bad news.

I will say the Genright fenders are stronger than I anticipated and I am happy I got them. The bad news is getting twisted up all weekend in Sand Hollow caused the Motobilt rack to get tweaked. Apparently, all the body flex caused the cross bars to bend causing it to rattle like a son of a bitch. I took the rack off and laid on garage floor and it was no longer flat and bent up pretty good on one of the coroners. This is causing the metal to vibrate pretty bad. Had to take it all out, re adjust, and add some thick rubber window seal to shut it the fuck up.

Will see how long this last.

• Hmmmm 1
23 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

I can't imagine how we may have twisted anything 

16 hours ago, Gruff said:

Might as well just throw in the Genright cage now. No more twisties 🤷‍♂️

On 11/18/2022 at 9:34 PM, Weebz said:

That mounts off the body right?   Crazy the body gets that much movement.    

I may give them a call and complain about this and see what they say. My concern is this is going to be a every trip issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

So at the November boys trip on Double Sammy I took a hard shot that brought me to a dead stop and I think Byron was the only person who saw it. It hurt to say the least, and Byron and I got under my jeep to look for damage. Everything seemed ok with a quick look, and it wheeled fined for the rest of the week expect for crooked steering wheel.

Fast forward to this week prior to leaving to Sand Hollow I tried to straighten out the alignment and couldn’t, so I knew I had an issue, and it would either make it through the weekend or break and tell me where the problem was.

Well after the fourth obstacle on Milts Mile driving on flat rock my steering wheel just went nuts. I jumped out and saw my PSC pushing half my trackbar through the tierod and draglink. Thankfully, I had Devin @Redline with me and we quickly pulled out the PSC, capped the box, turned around and drove back down Milts to the house as the sun was setting with the the track bar holding on by the back bolt hole and prayers.

Devin made some calls and the guys at Risq Racing let Devin and I use their shop and tools and he made a quick fix just to get me through the weekend. No PSC but better than not wheeling.

So now we know the shot I took pushed the tierod into the PSC and cracked the trackbar bracket allowing it to flex while steering and rip right off.

PXL_20221230_234233243.jpg

PXL_20221231_011527693.jpg

PXL_20221231_154746992.jpg

PXL_20221231_154810470.jpg

PXL_20221231_161046721.jpg

PXL_20221231_154839575.MP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
11 hours ago, AJK said:

Front axle is out. Time to cut shit off.

Oh by the way Jerry, I'm using your jack stands lol.

If you need them or want to pick them up come by anytime. They were just so tempting sitting in the corner lol.

PXL_20230115_222220119.jpg

PXL_20230115_222227624.jpg

Oof. Lots of work. What brackets are you going with? 

13 minutes ago, fiend said:

Oof. Lots of work. What brackets are you going with? 

I went with the Synergy weld on track bar and Ballistic shock mounts. I am thinking of replacing the lower arms mount but those are easy enough to add a weld on the inside and wrap around and clean up. Also, trying to figure out what I want to do with bumps. I want to cut off the factory coil mount but still need a bump riser. Any ideas? 

I am going to push out the shock mounts as far as I can. Really only going to gain about 1/4 wider each side but will help the shock angle and pull them away for Evo buckets.

And since the PSC is off going to get longer hoses and run like GR down track bar.

14 hours ago, Dave said:

Drag link bind?  Pitman end looks maxed out.  

Tested that. If I remove DL it drops out about 6 more inches. The problem is the upper arms. As soon as I remove either upper the axles goes fo full droop. So to double test I set upper lengths and full droop and could not full bump out my suspension. So theres something with the tranglation and is really binding bad.

59 minutes ago, Dave said:

Can you do a drag link flip?

I could, but then my TB and DL would be on diffetent angles and it might hit the frame at full tuck. I know its not the DL because it drops out just fine with the upper arm off. The bind is only with the 4th arm connected.

13 hours ago, AJK said:

Tested that. If I remove DL it drops out about 6 more inches. The problem is the upper arms. As soon as I remove either upper the axles goes fo full droop. So to double test I set upper lengths and full droop and could not full bump out my suspension. So theres something with the tranglation and is really binding bad.

When you disconnect one of the upper links how far off are the holes when it isn't binding?  Would it be fixed by just making one slightly longer/shorter?  Or does it change depending on position?