“The” Cookie Monster

On 12/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, Weebz said:

Problem is it stops exactly where the damage occurred.  Not sure why they wouldn’t have rounded the corner as really it’s the corner that is most exposed.  

Exactly - thats kinda goofy where they have it ending. It should be over the entire corner. Not that I need them or anything.....

• Haha 1

So….anyone have any ideas on how to get the broken off dipstick tube out of the engine block?   I have now spent probably 3 hours working on this thing and have managed to remove a 1/2” square so far.  I can’t get to it from the top.  Zero clearance to get a hammer or anything in there.  Been chiseling from the bottom out but won’t budge. 19B521D4-9340-42A0-9700-8028153E5E1A.thumb.jpeg.74e58c4ef5a87fd6c0a85a010d59b62d.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

I just had a thought. 

The tube is supposed to be pressed in, so can you get the right size pin punch and hammer it out? 

That was the first plan.  But he was unable to get a punch lined up from the bottom side after removing the lower pan.

I can get a lunch lined up now with the uptake tube gone but no go.  It’s like the damn dipstick tube has weleee itself to the wall.  It just won’t budge. I got a small 1/2” piece to break free and that is it.  

2 hours ago, Weebz said:

What is “one of these”?   Lol.  Never saw one before.  Remember, I can’t really access from the top.  I’m coming from the bottom after dropping the oil pan and removing the uptake tube.  

It's a broke sprinkler pipe extractor LOL.

So a heat gun or torch is ok to use here?   Was curious if I tried that.  I’ve already drilled this bitch out too.  No go.  I’m real close to dropping the upper pan like Byron suggested and worse case I can access it to try and extract easier or I replace it and say fuck it.  

37 minutes ago, Weebz said:

So a heat gun or torch is ok to use here?   Was curious if I tried that.  I’ve already drilled this bitch out too.  No go.  I’m real close to dropping the upper pan like Byron suggested and worse case I can access it to try and extract easier or I replace it and say fuck it.  

It’s aluminum, and that is normally heat treated in the 8-900 degree range and melts around 1200.  I’d try an heat gun along with an extractor and just use caution if you use a torch. (Have an extinguisher ready etc) It’s a last try before replacement.  A thermal heat gun (thermometer) should help guide you. Good luck. 🍻

41 minutes ago, Weebz said:

Update: Just read there’s an O-ring that gets “fused” and this is a common problem.  
Use heat to break the o-ring down and then it should hopefully come out.  

17 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

Here’s what our future overlord has to say about it:

1D86E531-76C3-4E07-8EDF-64912D272FAE.png

The drill was my next thought, but had already been tried. 

Did anyone else notice the Overlord in training has way more faith in "professionals" at auto repair shops?

He's not that smart, yet apparently. 

2 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

The drill was my next thought, but had already been tried. 

Did anyone else notice the Overlord in training has way more faith in "professionals" at auto repair shops?

He's not that smart, yet apparently. 

🤣
Yeah it (ChatGPT)  is locked down on what it can do at the moment.  It’s a bit scary letting the genie out of the bottle, but at the same time I really like the application.  
“A strange game.. The only winning move is not to play.” - War Games
 Us stupid humans never learn.

Hope they got it, otherwise it’s time to yank that b*tch out and replace it.