“The” Cookie Monster

Alright, question for the brain trust around here.   I’m going ORI.  Plan right now is single STX strut, no piggy back, no remote reservoir.   Now this could change if I feel I need more control or dampening.   Would you all just go ahead and plan on a tower that will accommodate a piggy back or deal with that issue down the road?    About the only tower is frankly the MB tower for the JL which will fit into the JK that can handle a piggy back or remote for ORI.   I just am not a fan of the huge ass tower.  Thoughts?

I don't know ORI stuff like some of the others here, but I have 2 thoughts. 

One- You don't really need reservoirs unless you want to maintain control at speed and need the added oil capacity to keep the oil cooler. Unless speed runs are in your future, you don't "need" them. 

Two- This is the tricky part. You are cutting up and changing shit for the how manieth time??? You know once things are dialed in, you will start to enjoy the speed, right up until the oil cavitates and it starts to be a pogo stick. Then you will be wishing you did it right the last time (now) instead of planning to cut shit apart again or just burn it down because you still aren't happy with it. 

2 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Two- This is the tricky part. You are cutting up and changing shit for the how manieth time??? You know once things are dialed in, you will start to enjoy the speed, right up until the oil cavitates and it starts to be a pogo stick. Then you will be wishing you did it right the last time (now) instead of planning to cut shit apart again or just burn it down because you still aren't happy with it. 

download (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Weebz said:

Alright, question for the brain trust around here.   I’m going ORI.  Plan right now is single STX strut, no piggy back, no remote reservoir.   Now this could change if I feel I need more control or dampening.   Would you all just go ahead and plan on a tower that will accommodate a piggy back or deal with that issue down the road?    About the only tower is frankly the MB tower for the JL which will fit into the JK that can handle a piggy back or remote for ORI.   I just am not a fan of the huge ass tower.  Thoughts?

If you are questioning whether or not you're going to need more down the road then I would plan for the bigger tower so you dont have to redo later. Also, lets say you end up hating the ORI will the bigger towers allow you to switch over to coil overs down the road too?