“The” Cookie Monster

The rear most cross member is welded in when I you weld the frame in.   The middle one under the skid gets positioned like I said with the skid and then tacked and fully welded as soon as you drop the skid back off.   So my cross members are welded in place now.  

• Like 1

After some tinkering around and getting really pissed I found a way to adjust it with a little grinding needed.  By grinding and beveling the edges shown I could bring the vertical upright of the bracket into the cross member where I am comfortable getting a good weld.   Really was the same exact situation on both sides.   Unfortunately my welding tank says zero gas so no welding could happen.  

5076B2E8-7498-420A-A364-03C8B65CC482.jpeg

So some slow progress despite a lot of time working on it.   Lowe link brackets are “tentatively” set but unfortunately I need to have another set made as I guessed on a 10 degree offset being enough.  I guessed wrong.  Really need a 22.5 so the joints aren’t too misaligned.  

F4AF41B8-E3F5-43EF-8252-AA29E05077D6.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mocked the lower links as well and have them tied in.  I couldn’t get the uppers set as I’m running into interference with the links and the truss bolts and the angle of the links.   With the truss and pinion guard being pre-drilled, it naturally sits the truss close to the pinion angle.   After consulting with Matt (thank you again for all your guidance and help) it was decided I needed to cut the pinion guard to allow the truss to rotate forward and re-weld it back together.  

2DC3FBC7-71FA-4F79-B975-5E4103526F39.jpeg

355B120E-CE9E-4FF3-A4E1-AD327C9FC0E4.jpeg

9B48E111-17EA-4F8C-9773-D8ED640F7CF6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1