“The” Cookie Monster

Yeah.  MB said they can work with some modification.  That modification didn’t include fixing that angle.  Their one support guy used them and I have pics.l but they are only rude height pics.   There is no way he can stuff with the mounts.  Just too small

• Thumbs Up 1
3 hours ago, Weebz said:

Yeah.  MB said they can work with some modification.  That modification didn’t include fixing that angle.  Their one support guy used them and I have pics.l but they are only rude height pics.   There is no way he can stuff with the mounts.  Just too small

You should let them know you tried and they dont.  They were flaunting how their custome service is the best in the industry yesterday on Facebook.  Let’s put that to the test. 🤷‍♂️

Hey so quick question. Remember I know nothing about JKs. Lol

Do u know anyone with 16in front shocks that are still running regular steering?

I ask because I talked to a genrite guy one time and he said the reason they don't go more than 14in fronts on a tj is because the steering runs out of angle and binds.

Thats why I decided to go full hydro.  I'd hate to see you get everything done then realize its not gonna work.

It’s a great question.  I’m only doing 14” up there, assuming I can get my 12” exchanged.   Ideally, I would want full hydro to double triangulate the front too and that may be a next winter change.   Droop and the front cross member I would think would be the limiting factor before steering bind.   

39 minutes ago, Weebz said:

It’s a great question.  I’m only doing 14” up there, assuming I can get my 12” exchanged.   Ideally, I would want full hydro to double triangulate the front too and that may be a next winter change.   Droop and the front cross member I would think would be the limiting factor before steering bind.   

Or driveshaft bind. Either way i vote you should be unique and get 28” oris and have 10” of them sticking up through the hood with flames painted on the mounts

• Haha 1
  • Ketchup 1
3 hours ago, Ethan Remington said:

Hey so quick question. Remember I know nothing about JKs. Lol

Do u know anyone with 16in front shocks that are still running regular steering?

I ask because I talked to a genrite guy one time and he said the reason they don't go more than 14in fronts on a tj is because the steering runs out of angle and binds.

Thats why I decided to go full hydro.  I'd hate to see you get everything done then realize its not gonna work.

When Jerry and I were at Sand Hollow hanging with Genright I asked that question. They said 14s gives you max drop out without binding the steering but that was on their kit. If I remember they made a comment about if you go any longer you need to start making room in the engine bay or come through the hood for 16s to work properly. 

6 minutes ago, Fury22 said:

Or driveshaft bind. Either way i vote you should be unique and get 28” oris and have 10” of them sticking up through the hood with flames painted on the mounts

So much "yes" to this and I think I'd like to nominate Craig to paint the flames.

• Like 1

So I didn’t quite know what Byron meant that I’ll really enjoy what GR gives you to remove the seam caulk at the pinch seam by the A pillar.   Needless to say some very bloody knuckles and a lot of cursing I got.   For anyone who hasn’t done this part I would strongly suggest a few things

1). As Byron told me, Sharpen both edges with the bevel the same way.  Make sure they are sharp.  

2). Take a long screwdriver and come from the top and start driving into the caulk.  It gives the tool a place to purchase.  

3).  Save your hands and knuckles and take a scrap piece of steel and weld it onto the end to make a hammering ledge and grip to be able to pull from.  

1064D070-D146-4711-AEDF-00542261C425.jpeg

56528CBF-52C5-45B5-B7E2-79715DE9CD4E.jpeg

• Haha 1

So moved on to the B, C, and D pillar brackets.  Not too bad minus needing Gumby arms for the passenger D bracket bolt.   Good lord.  

probably common sense to most but I’m an idiot….when drilling the sheet metal a step bit works WAY better.  It doesn’t shred the damn flimsy sheet metal, especially at the c bracket where it’s double walled and wants to make a mess.  

anyway….

AD49935B-4B84-4FF6-AD4B-145E42DFC82B.jpeg

2286D748-231B-4D8B-92D5-5D34525B07B2.jpeg

53FEBEBC-5417-4D9E-9361-122330767C90.jpeg

84F00E61-84E0-4885-967F-B269FFD0C786.jpeg

6473E7BD-03AC-4A9B-BE44-F8A2E23CDD77.jpeg

78713BA4-D7B4-47D6-97C1-1088CA8A391D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3