Projects We're Working on Other Than Jeeps

BaddestCross

All of my weekend time has been spent last few weekends working on this janky fence that our house came with that was built with non pressure treated wood.  Bunch of rain in LA over the last few months and wood has been swelling and bulging even though I stained it with waterproofing .  Pita trimming boards and screwing them back in with wood screws instead of the original nails 

6AC7F047-C7C0-4E77-A1A6-16C18A0304BA.jpeg

Yeah I'm not sure pressure treated wood would be any better.  Wood swells & contracts.  In case like that the best you can do is leave a little room for the expansion, so the boards don't bow.  You can use ship lap boards if you don't want to see through the gaps.

• Thumbs Up 1
6 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Nice. 1/8 or 1/4? What did it run?

Most of the tracks up here run 1/4. Fastest I've ever ran in my previous truck was 12.56 I think. That was 6-700 hp.

The truck thay it is in now is a 2wd dually that is a complete bucket of fuck. Its sole job is to hold all the parts. Lol.

Maybe 1 day I will build a rig for the engine to go into permanently but first I have to build a buggy🤣

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Ethan Remington said:

Most of the tracks up here run 1/4. Fastest I've ever ran in my previous truck was 12.56 I think. That was 6-700 hp.

The truck thay it is in now is a 2wd dually that is a complete bucket of fuck. Its sole job is to hold all the parts. Lol.

Maybe 1 day I will build a rig for the engine to go into permanently but first I have to build a buggy🤣

Lol. Most of our tracks over here are 1/4 too. Been hooked since I was 6. Neighbor had a Pinto he bracket raced and I went with them every weekend he went out. Fun stuff.

25 minutes ago, wjtstudios said:

We got about the same up here. Definitely more of a winter this year than last. 

I like it when it's actually Winter. The trend over the past few years has been snow, melt, mud. Snow, melt, mud. Repeat til mid-April.

Mud is a huge PITA