Grub… Let’s see what everyone is eating !

Jetlau3

If you ever get to to Miami, you have to check out Versailles…killer Cuban food. Ceviche, grilled pargo (red snapper) & croquettes…

so I took these pics sideways thinking they would post normal…but no, they are upside down…

D72CF72D-6ACC-4F3D-96AD-BDFFB945AC94.jpeg

291F9F3E-455D-4D3C-8543-F76F0487703C.jpeg

6DB15787-1745-412C-A6AC-4CDE7C5E70EB.jpeg

8 hours ago, 6wt said:

If you ever get to to Miami, you have to check out Versailles…killer Cuban food. Ceviche, grilled pargo (red snapper) & croquettes…

so I took these pics sideways thinking they would post normal…but no, they are upside down…

D72CF72D-6ACC-4F3D-96AD-BDFFB945AC94.jpeg

291F9F3E-455D-4D3C-8543-F76F0487703C.jpeg

6DB15787-1745-412C-A6AC-4CDE7C5E70EB.jpeg

There are 2 Versailles in LA 

2 hours ago, 6wt said:

This might be the original, having opened in ‘71…have you been there?

Yes many times.  Definitely the original . That restaurant is massive and was always packed .  Make sure you checkout Joes Stone crab too . The key lime pie and the fried chicken there are also amazing g 

19 minutes ago, Jetlau3 said:

Yes many times.  Definitely the original . That restaurant is massive and was always packed .  Make sure you checkout Joes Stone crab too . The key lime pie and the fried chicken there are also amazing g 

I ate at Joe’s 30 years ago in Miami Beach…

20 minutes ago, fiend said:

Try riced cauliflower in place of rice. Better for you, tastes better, and doesn’t spike your blood sugar like rice does. 

Yep!  Kristi has been making it that way. It is a great substitute for rice, potatoes, and even pasta. 

• Thumbs Up 1
59 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

The more cauliflower I eat, the more I am liking it. 

I eat a TON of cauliflower stuff because of my celiac disease.  Cauliflower Mac n cheese, cauliflower crust pizza, cauliflower lasagna and even cauliflower rice even though rice seems to be the one carb I can still enjoy. I also enjoy slicing the head into steaks and topping them with different things and baking/broiling them.  

• Thumbs Up 1
14 hours ago, fiend said:

Oh man. Grilled octopus is the best.  

It’s one of my favorite things to eat…when I lived on Molokai at the end of the seventies, I would trade lobsters for beer and hot dogs…but the he’e (octopus) always went on the grill…

13 hours ago, Crawl2Camp said:

I also enjoy slicing the head into steaks and topping them with different things and baking/broiling them.  

That’s pretty much the parm recipe I recently saw.  Broil some cauliflower steaks with olive oil salt and pepper, top with marinara, mozzarella, and Parmesan, then broil till browned and crispy.  🤤 

• Thumbs Up 1