Grub… Let’s see what everyone is eating !

Jetlau3

10 hours ago, 6wt said:

Looks like I posted that pic…

LOL, what I thought after I posted that one!

i tried cooking octopus at home once. Absolutely the worst thing I ever made. I HAD to spit it out it was so awful. It was the texture of the large tentacles. The pop of the skin, the mushiness of the middle part, and the rubbery texture of the core. Bleeeech! I shudder every time I think about it. I asked a fishmonger why it was so fucked up and he said it was because I didn't boil it first. IDK, but that's one dish I'll never try to make again - leaving that to the pros because it's delicious. 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Gruff said:

LOL, what I thought after I posted that one!

i tried cooking octopus at home once. Absolutely the worst thing I ever made. I HAD to spit it out it was so awful. It was the texture of the large tentacles. The pop of the skin, the mushiness of the middle part, and the rubbery texture of the core. Bleeeech! I shudder every time I think about it. I asked a fishmonger why it was so fucked up and he said it was because I didn't boil it first. IDK, but that's one dish I'll never try to make again - leaving that to the pros because it's delicious. 

Try this…works every time 

soak tentacles In teriyaki sauce for a couple hours…throw on the grill, turning several times…cook for about 6-8 minutes. Remove, rest for a couple minutes, then slice very thin…eat with chopsticks …

most restaurants these days cook it sou vide for a long time till tender, then sear on a grill or hot skillet 

• Like 1