Control Arm Joints

I've looked at so many end joints over the past few months that I've almost gridlocked myself trying to figure out which to use. I ended up going with these from TMR Customs and the tried and true Johnny Joints. Originally I was going to use the TMR joints on both ends of my control arms, but the diameter is too damn big to fit into the Motobilt frame brackets. They measure 3" dia and the JJ's are 2-1/2". So the plan now is to use the JJ's at the frame and the TMR's at the axle. In hindsight, it might be a good thing that the TMS were too big so that I have the JJ's at the frame for a little cushioning. The TMR's have replaceable bronze bushings so there isn't any give - see parts in rebuild kit.

20220117_121846_resized.jpg

20220117_141451_resized.jpg

20220117_141432_resized.jpg

20220117_141521_resized.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
12 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

Does it screw in?

How does it lock in place so it doesn't come loose?

HTB1MVP4KXuWBuNjSszbq6AS7FXaB.jpg.4c61cae74bd6c5b67970eb9d2c76cef9.jpg

Yep, there's a spanner tool with a 1/2" drive conn. to service it and there's a flat zerk and a lock screw on the other side I didn't show. They're on my desk at work.

I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Here's a cutaway of the joint. You  can see the roll pin that keeps the bronze bushings from rotating.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Does it screw in?

How does it lock in place so it doesn't come loose?

Here's a pic of the setscrew and tool. I plan on filling the recess with grease or something so if I ever need to take it out I can. Otherwise you're drilling it out

20220118_081947.jpg

20220118_082702.jpg

• Like 1