GRAB THE O-SHIT KIT (1st-aid kit)

Not the worst, but my finger decided to pick a fight with the flap wheel on the grinder while I was cleaning up the headlock rings when I mounted my 40s. 

This is after a few days, when I pulled the wrap to let it breathe. 

I did this on wheel 1, wrapped it up, and mounted all 5 that same night. It hurt like a bitch though. 

When it was fresh, it was clear to the bone from the tip to the knuckle. 

IMG_20210627_092105.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Ketchup 1

No pic but I know of a dumbass that got a wire cup on an angle grinder caught in his hoodie pocket last week. Looked like he had a propeller on his belly for a few seconds til he got it unplugged. What a moron. Luckily I, err, that dumbass didn't get injured. 🙄

Never too old to learn a lesson kids

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I stopped at the shop over Labor Day weekend to do a quick Pressure adjustment on the Albinos Gorilla’s coil overs. I ended up welding my wedding ring to the engine cage and side post on the Optimum yellow top. Ring melted, 4 outta 7 diamonds disappeared & folded my skin on my ring finger as I was pulling it off as it was still red hot. Not fun.

Moral of the story no rings allowed in shop! 

FC1315A5-CAC0-4FC6-B508-8DB62E873D94.jpeg

F4DCE186-4934-4CED-94ED-7D1649DF8507.jpeg

9FB91AF2-C54F-4180-A4F3-7CB54BCE1937.jpeg

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, MIOffroadCustoms said:

I stopped at the shop over Labor Day weekend to do a quick Pressure adjustment on the Albinos Gorilla’s coil overs. I ended up welding my wedding ring to the engine cage and side post on the Optimum yellow top. Ring melted, 4 outta 7 diamonds disappeared & folded my skin on my ring finger as I was pulling it off as it was still red hot. Not fun.

Ouch. That’s fucked up.  After cracking a few silicon carbide rings, and having to cut a few off because of swelling, I wear a silicone ring now. A lot more comfortable, and you can cut it off with scissors if necessary. 

https://ensorings.com/collections/elements

29 minutes ago, Jdofmemi said:

Not the worst, but my finger decided to pick a fight with the flap wheel on the grinder while I was cleaning up the headlock rings when I mounted my 40s. 

This is after a few days, when I pulled the wrap to let it breathe. 

I did this on wheel 1, wrapped it up, and mounted all 5 that same night. It hurt like a bitch though. 

When it was fresh, it was clear to the bone from the tip to the knuckle. 

IMG_20210627_092105.jpg

Ouch. Looks painful.  Finger tip injuries are the worst.  Even little nicks and slices hurt like hell.  Especially around the finger nails. 😩😖

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MIOffroadCustoms said:

Back in the day when I was a commercial diver and fisherman, we wouldn’t allow rings on the boat…saw one guy get the skin & some meat on his ring finger pulled off as he tried to leader a green marlin…marlin took off, leader ran through his hand and the lead crimp caught his ring (he also got pulled off the boat as well)

• Sad 1

Worst shop accident I've had is cutting my finger in wood shop class in high school. Not a big deal, but needed some stitches.

I was getting chewed out by the shop teacher and had to cut him off because I had blood flowing onto the floor. ARE YOU DONE CHEWING ME OUT? CAN I GO TO THE NURSE NOW?

Other than that, I used to be an EMT in LA. So I've seen all kinds of gross stuff: Shootings, stabbings, beatings, car accidents, drug OD, etc. One of the grossest scenes I had been on: We had a ride along (EMT student) with us. We had just picked up a pizza and got the call. The person was dead, so we went back to the station happy to eat while it was still warm. I noticed the ride along wasn't eating even though she pitched in on the pizza. Asked her why she wasn't eating. She lost her shit! HOW CAN YOU EAT AFTER SEEING THAT? 

Um, we're hungry and apparently desensitized. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, suicideking said:

Worst shop accident I've had is cutting my finger in wood shop class in high school. Not a big deal, but needed some stitches.

I was getting chewed out by the shop teacher and had to cut him off because I had blood flowing onto the floor. ARE YOU DONE CHEWING ME OUT? CAN I GO TO THE NURSE NOW?

Other than that, I used to be an EMT in LA. So I've seen all kinds of gross stuff: Shootings, stabbings, beatings, car accidents, drug OD, etc. One of the grossest scenes I had been on: We had a ride along (EMT student) with us. We had just picked up a pizza and got the call. The person was dead, so we went back to the station happy to eat while it was still warm. I noticed the ride along wasn't eating even though she pitched in on the pizza. Asked her why she wasn't eating. She lost her shit! HOW CAN YOU EAT AFTER SEEING THAT? 

Um, we're hungry and apparently desensitized. 

Lol. Was your shop teacher name Mr Hill?

What EMT company? I was a supervisor at Mccormick for years.

6 minutes ago, AxK said:

Lol. Was your shop teacher name Mr Hill?

What EMT company? I was a supervisor at Mccormick for years.

I started working for Schaffer, was stationed in Van Nuys. They didn't have a fire contract, so that was pretty boring. Left there and went to Adams Ambulance in South Gate because they had the fire contract. Was stationed in Bellflower and Downey for a while. Some gnarly stuff in South Gate and Huntington Park. Adams was eventually bought out by AMR. They made me go pickup my 5 new uniforms on my last week lol. 

Mccormick sounds familiar. Where were they out of?

1 minute ago, suicideking said:

I started working for Schaffer, was stationed in Van Nuys. Left there and went to Adams Ambulance in South Gate. Was stationed in Bellflower and Downey for a while. Some gnarly stuff in South Gate and Huntington Park. Adams was eventually bought out by AMR. They made me go pickup my 5 new uniforms on my last week lol. 

Mccormick sounds familiar. Where were they out of?

Amr bought them out a few years ago but they covered from Malibu to Rancho Palo Verdes out to Compton. The 710 was the Shaffer boarder.

So I have a new entry today. Smashed my ring finger on a door way. 

Before the injury, my ring never came off. Once the swelling started, I wanted it gone. Ice and advil weren't helping. Throbbing was getting worse. 

My friend/neighbor said he could cut it off, but he was still at the poker tournament (I didn't stay there long tonight lol). 

Went to the local fire station, took them about 20 minutes to cut it off. I'M FREE NOW! Ok, wife says it doesn't really work that way. 

20220305_183232.thumb.jpg.6a1cb4a7a9b0503292ed7c70b3a13d2a.jpg20220305_205332.thumb.jpg.cfd3216ed8913762e50fdad67e9c78a1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
22 hours ago, Jdofmemi said:

Ow!

Another reminder for why a ring and my finger will never go together. 

A guy I knew as a child had his ring, with his finger in it, in a jar of formaldehyde sitting on his mantle from catching it in a gate. 

Sounds like something I would do. Why not keep it lol? 

Just saw a pic from a friend that he tattooed his wife's initial on his ring finger because he's not allowed to wear a ring at work. A tat would be much cooler, I would do that. Hmm... 

• Like 1