How's Your View at Work Today?

BaddestCross

funny story behind that thing.  It's a Subaru 360.  The made a truck and car version back in the late 50's.  Fuji first brough in scooters followed shortly by these.  They are called a 360 because the engine is roughly 360cc's and two stroke!  One of my regular websites to check out is bringatrailer and kept seeing these pop up.  We built a new showroom a few years ago and joked around with the owner that he should get one of these to put our popcorn machine in the back of and for local parades.  A few weeks later this thing showed up in the back of a 3/4 truck as a basketcase.    We have a couple other fun cars around.  I'll snap a pic or two tomorrow.  

• Like 2

Just was walking back in from service and snapped a couple of pics.    These belonged to our owner, Dick Meyer.  He was an older guy who passed about a year ago.  He was a total car guy, kind of a rarity for someone who owns a dealership.  

IMG_4120.jpg.52e44afd012912b9c91e7f253ddb61dd.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg.15ca83b365417d07017498c4d75ada6c.jpg

• Like 2

Random thoughts. 

This is a pair of half inch, 2 ton rated shackles. 

One of these is like new, the other one has been grossly and repeatedly overloaded, as much as 15 tons lifted, maybe more. It is badly deformed, but still no where near the point of breaking. 

I just wanted to share this for all who worry that a 5/8" shackle might not be enough for something done with a Jeep. 

Also, this has not been used to this point doing anything that would put a person in jeopardy, merely a piece of scrap may have fallen harmlessly. 

Oh, and for what it's worth, the pin unscrewed, though it took my pliers to turn it. 

IMG_20220620_112319.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2